"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away."

5.05.2010

In the COOKIES of life...Kids are the sprinkles:)

Cookie Day with Kaeden, Ashtyn and Jordan!!! I was trying to think of something that they could have fun doing and would be different from their normal day to day routine. So I decided to help them make cookies and decorate them. We had a ton of fun and an even bigger mess :)
First we cut the dough, then they rolled it into balls. Kaeden had fun using the roller to try to flatten them out. Ashtyn mostly just ate the cookie dough and made holes in it using her fingers. Jordan did a good job rolling them into balls. We were gonna use cookie cutters but the dough was extremely sticky so instead we just baked them round. I used neon food coloring and mixed it with white icing and put it in ziploc bags for them to decorate with.


I baked the cookies and let them cool, then we decorated them using the neon icing that I had made for them earlier. This was after we put the icing on... thank goodness it didn't stain too much :)







Then it was time to finally EAT them! Although they were really good, I do believe they enjoyed playing in the icing a little more lol. All in all it was really fun and I would def do it again but maybe with a different kind of dough!!!

Kaeden's finished product!Ashtyn's mess !




My finished product with sprinkles!




All in all I feel like it was a huge success and I loved seeing all of the kids laugh and smile!



















2 comments:

  1. Looks fun!! I love the icing and you kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you and yes we did have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Cody Trosclair, Fiance

Kaeden Makiah Davidson, Son

Ashtyn Shaide Davidson, Daughter

London Avery Trosclair, Daughter

Randy Gunter, Dad

Teresa Gunter, Mom

Randall (Buddy) Gunter, Brother

Rachel Gunter, Sister in law

Erika Young, Niece

William Gunter, Nephew

Dominic Gunter, Newphew







Ashley Bier
Jennifer Byer
Sharon Walker
Erica Scalf





Movie: P.S. I Love You
Colors in order: Black, Red, Brown, Green
Reality Shows: American Idol, Dancing with the Stars
Book: Anything by Nicholas Sparks and The Twilight Series